Hybrid View

Default Still bringing in pollen

After talking to a local beekeeper yesterday he was telling me the flow was.over around July. He has basically said his bees were done and not much goldenrod to get a good flow. Even though this is my first full year my bees they have almost filled two deeps in the past month with very light and tasty honey. Even watching them today after it warmed up they were going crazy bringing in pollen and nectar. Is it about location with some beekeepers or am I just getting lucky. The pollen that I have watch them bring in all year has been the same two colors all the way up to today. I am not complaining at all for if they get a few more good weeks I will be harvesting honey for sure since winter is short.
    Let bees be bees.

Default Re: Still bringing in pollen

Yep still bring in pollen here too!!!!!
    Plant Hardiness Zone 6B, 5300 ft., Bee Zone A/B, Proverbs 24:13
    https://www.facebook.com/mobileprotection#!/2RBeeFarm

Yea talked to Joe down in Orlando still bringing pollen in there too. It was nice talking to a local but should have seen his face when I told him I used no chemicals. I was wondering why he was telling me it was over. I told him I am still getting honey and he told me not to get used to it. That was not the norm. But he was also told me I must treat for at least foul brood.
    Let bees be bees.

Yesterday it got up to 50 degrees here in central Wi and they were bringing in pollen at 10 to 15 bees a minute,

Of course location is key, more precisely what is growing around your location and how far your bees fly. You obviously have something that blooms late and is in abundance right now or produces a lot of nectar.

One good thing about my location is virgin woods behind me that is 1000's of pure acreage that has not yet been touched. Plus another is the home owner association next to me with all their flowers and gardens. Next year I will have a nice herb garden behind me that I will plant in the spring with many bee friendly herbs that produce pollen and nectar like crazy. I have registered the property with the USDA agriculture department and next year will register all herbs plus the endangered ones I am going to hopefully her to grow.also
    Let bees be bees.