I'm not sure what to do at this point. Hives (we have 2) were light, then they started getting robbed, so we upped the feeding and closed down the entrance. Got that stopped. Had strapped the hives in prep for hurricane.

That night a bear came through and flipped them both all the way over onto their tops. DH came home and bear fled. We flipped them back over (it was dark) and straightened them back out as much as possible. Moved them inside the backyard and strapped them to the fence (for storm and bear prep).

NOW they are being robbed again. Do I open them up and see about consolidating them? hope for the best? It's a free for all out there....I have NO IDEA what to do at this point. I feel like just hoping for the best and not dealing with it.

If the one hive is as bad off as I think it is, should we make it into a nuc (if the queen is still alive?) I hate to off a perfectly good queen...

UGH. Advice please. We are new beekeepers...Actually at this point, I'd be more inclined to say we are bee havers at best...and yuck.

Thank you!

Kelly