So I am new to keeping bees, but take it pretty seriously. I am very small at this point, but hope to grow a bit bigger over the next few years - nothing to make a living off of, but maybe bring in a few bucks here and there, but more importantly, help give some bees a good home! I want to start keeping track of my hives with notes and observations and I am looking for suggestions as to what to keep track of. In a post a week or two ago, Adam Foster Collins posted this -
I thought this was a good place to start. I am also wondering if there are any worksheets, or templates for hive info records. I am a fairly smart dude, so I could probably figure this out, but I would rather not reinvent the wheel if there are already good examples of record keeping for bee keepers. Thanks in advance!!In your region...
1) When does early pollen start and with what flowers blooming?
2) When does swarm season starts and what's blooming?
3) When does the main flow start and what's blooming?
4) When are you most likely to get a dearth in your area?
5) When does fall flow start and what's blooming?
6) When do you need to have completed assessments of colony stores and begin feeding if necessary?
7) When you should be finished with liquid feed in your area?
8) When should you treat (if you do that) in your area and with what on that date?
9) When should you have your bees completely ready for winter in your area?
10) What date do you try to do a late winter/ early spring evaluation of overwintering colonies?