Default Anybody get wooden ware from Beeline Apiearies in PA

I see Beeline advertising their woodenware at very good prices and I wondered if anyone has used their budget boxes and what the quality is like. I ordered 2 of each size(fingerjointed) with frames to evaluate myself but they have not arrived yet. Between a friend and myself we could use a couple of hundred boxes and if they are decent the savings could be considerable. Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Default Re: Anybody get wooden ware from Beeline Apiearies in PA

What are their prices? Do they have a website? It's hard to beat the Mann Lake prices when you consider free freight.

I have purchased lots of woodenware from them. I personally know the folks at the eastern location in PA. Very nice family; they are Mennonites, and their work ethic and customer service is flawless, in my experience. The prices are excellent as you noticed, and the quality is sky-high. Budget and commercial seem to be the same in my experience, and I have been quite pleased. They also have a new western branch; I believe it is in Washington. Their website is www.honeybeehabitat.com, but for whatever reason prices are better if ordered by phone directly from Beeline, than from Honey Bee Habitat, but only by a very small bit. You can call them and get a nice free catalog.

Deeps are 6.95, mediums are 4.95 and shallows are 4.50 and frames are .45 each. Even with the shipping quote they are considerably cheaper than Dadant and Kelley and I'm only about 60 miles from either of them.

Where in Washington are they located? I would love it if they were close to me! Thanks for the tips guys, I'll check them out!

I just looked up the Mann lake budget boxes and for 100 they are still $3 per box higher so even with freight they are $1.50 more. Sorry Lauri but the ad says that the prices are only good at the Pa. location but their address is 19019 Moon Rd SW, Rochester Wa. 360-280-5274

That's right; I was going to say Rochester. In their catalog it says their prices are the same at the WA location, but not all items that are available at PA are available in WA; the basic stuff (and a few more) is though.

"I have purchased lots of woodenware from them. I personally know the folks at the eastern location in PA. Very nice family; they are Mennonites, and their work ethic and customer service is flawless, in my experience. The prices are excellent as you noticed, and the quality is sky-high."

I'm envious!! How can they make quality boxes for so little money?
    It crossed my mind that I have never seen an " automated" process to manufacture beekeeping equipment like supers and frames. To make boxes or frames requires some quality machines and to make them at this price I'm pretty certain that they have a low labour, automated way to make them.
    Does anybody know? Maybe a YouTube?
    thanks!

any one know what type of pine they are using? I have bought from the armish and the pine was to soft and the boxes and frames don't take much abuse?
    mike syracuse ny
    I went to bed mean, and woke up meaner. Marshal Dillon

The deep box is 9 1/2 most others are 9 5/8 If you start with them stay with them so you do not have bee space issues between different mfg.

Like I said, I ordered a couple of each for evaluation. Right now I am running between 35 and 40 hives and the equipment is mostly Walter Kelly and Dadant so I will be comparing to those when I get them. If I see any major differences I will post it here. I bought some nuc boxes from a place in Maryland a couple of years ago and they were half what everybody else charged. I'm always looking for a better deal. I make a lot of my own stuff when I get free wood but boxes and frames come out cheaper if you buy them.

The local talk is that they are moving a branch to our area, somewhere around Mendon,Michigan. Looking forward to buying products off them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri View Post
    Where in Washington are they located? I would love it if they were close to me! Thanks for the tips guys, I'll check them out!
    http://sunnybeehoneyfarm.com/wp/?page_id=42 In Auburn

hemichuck

When you give feedback, please evaluate the finger joints. I've had some that were so tight that I had to use a big mallet to force them together and even split the wood on some. I like nice tight joints, but the ones I had were ridiculous.

Thanks

Sorry about the lapse in time, I was up in Pa. after hurricane Sandy helping a powerline assesing crew for the last couple of weeks. I just came in last night and the boxes were sitting here. At first glance,the finger joints are very tight(like hammer with your fist tight) but I havnt had time to build a frame or compare them with any other stuff. I will try and get to it tomorrow.

yes, they are moving to a location about halfway between mendon and three rivers, michigan. about five minutes away from my house! not only am i looking forward to shopping with them without shipping costs; they are hiring and i am thinking about applying!