Default Queenless in October X2

I recently moved about 50 miles away from my prior residence. During the move I noticed 2 of the 3 hives were very hot. I opened them up Monday afternoon and they are queenless. No eggs, brood, and low numbers. I have checked everywhere around here and no one has any queens this late in the season. I noticed some robbing going on yesterday afternoon and hate to lose all the honey in the hives, it would give my splits a head start next spring. Should I just get the leaf blower and blow all the bees out and store the hives for the winter? Anyone have a queen for sale? Any suggestions...

Default Re: Queenless in October X2

it is not impossible to make a queen at this time of year. i live in Greer and i marked a 2 week old queen on 10/20/2012. as long as the weather stays warm enough to have a mating flight and you have drones present. I would reduce the entrances and put open brood with eggs in one of the queenless hives. then cut out some the queen cells in 10 days and put some of them in the other hive. Or you could just combine all of them.

pm sent
    https://www.facebook.com/stevesbees99
    Please visit my page, Thanks

Try purvis bees
    Telephone: 931-852-3033
    purvisbeesinfo@gmail.com
    www.purvisbees.com

Is it possible that the queens have shut down? I opened up 2 of my hives last week and one had no brood, but was calm as ever, and the other only had about 1 and a half frames of capped brood and I saw the queen. Now the numbers seem lower, but I wasn't concerned. The breed that I have seem to take a smaller cluster into winter as compared to other hives I also have in the same yard. If the're getting robbed out that may explain why they're hot also.

That is very possible Delber.
    https://www.facebook.com/stevesbees99
    Please visit my page, Thanks

After I began selling a few nucs each year to local customers, many would complain that they were queenless. We live a fair piece down a rather rough dirt road. I figured the missing queens were either being killed or seriously injured by the rough ride, so I began capturing and caging the queens just prior to pickup - after I began that practice, I have had no more missing queens in nucs. Perhaps the recent movement of your hives was responsible for your missing queens.
    48 years - 50 hives - TF
    Joseph Clemens -- Website Under Constructioni