Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Danish Buckfast Queens in the US?

I have talked to Ferguson about their bees which I hope with that news they will still be sending queens next year. Hope Sherri is doing OK. The one in Florida I tried to call which was unsuccessful which I emailed to see if I can get a response.
    Let bees be bees.

Quote Originally Posted by beecrazy101 View Post
    ... I hope with that news they will still be sending queens next year. Hope Sherri is doing OK. ...
    When I spoke to them end-of-July, they seemed to be determined to get things leveled out and to continue with their business.

Well I will tell you that I spoke with Joe from the Florida apiary with the buckfast. Nice Guy and was very open about his queens and where they came from. His are open mated bit he does try to control the area. They are shipped in from Canada and he is trying to let the folks in the states an affordable buckfast that doesn't have the extra cost tagged on from ordering out of the states. Makes much since. I will be ordering mine at the end of November for next spring. If anyone needs a queen he still has them available till the end of November. I am very impressed with his openness and honesty. Will be definitely getting them from Joe.
    Let bees be bees.

I've gotten nucs from Fla. for the past 2 seasons w/ open mated cells that were the danish buckfast strain from Miksas. I personally have been very impressed with these bees, nucs making me a honey crop, and very nice and easy bees to work.also large clusters with good weight going into winter,if these are actually the danish buckfast strain, thats great, all I know is, I wish all my bees looked like these bees

I placed an order with Dansk that was supposed to be shipped on the 15th of April. I tried to communicate with them when they didn't ship out. Left phone messages and emails. Luckily they take payment through Amazon payment services so I asked for a refund after two weeks of no communication. I would stay away from them unless they get some customer service, unless of course you are withing driving distance and you can get your product when you pay.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies." - Thomas Jefferson

If you try and contact Miksa it is easier to send them an email. miksahf@aol.com They come in the office for a short time in the morning then they are out with the bees most of the day. I've tried calling several times and have never been able to talk to someone on the phone. But, have had good luck with the email. I've tried their Buckfast queens and really like them. I also like their Aurea queens too.

I tried to post a warning about Dansk when they posted in the "For Sale" forum, but the post was deleted and I was "warned" not to post a warning again in that forum.......................................
    http://OxaVap.com
    Your source for Oxalic Acid Vaporizers

I had some problems this season getting orders shipped on time. I wasn't able to get good mated queens ready as quickly as I expected for a number of reasons. I have made some changes to ensure things will be more reliable in the future.

Visit Us:

Your having problems this year too I take it?

Quote Originally Posted by beecrazy101 View Post
    They are shipped in from Canada and he is trying to let the folks in the states an affordable buckfast that doesn't have the extra cost tagged on from ordering out of the states. Makes much since.
    Is this some kind of loophole in the import laws?

I´d love somebody in Canada get my queens, send them to US and start marketing my stock!
    Treatment free, honey production, isolation mated queens, www.saunalahti.fi/lunden/varroakertomus.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12