Hybrid View

Default Drone semen proteins

Transcriptional Profiles of Mating-Responsive Genes from Testes and Male Accessory Glands of the Mediterranean Fruit Fly, Ceratitis capitata
    In recent years, with the aid of next generation sequencing technologies and proteomic approaches, comprehensive studies aimed at the identification and analyses of seminal fluid proteins have been initiated in some insect species, such as the beetle Tribolium castaneum [12], [13], Heliconius butterflies [14], the honeybee Apis mellifera [15], the ant Leptothorax gredleri [16], the sandfly Lutzomyia longipalpis [17], the mosquitoes Aedes aegypti [6], [18] and Anopheles gambiae [19], and other Drosophila species [11], [20]. The best hit of TAG3302, glutathione S-transferase, is a predicted intracellular or membrane-bound protein [18]. Predicted intracellular proteins also have been reported in the seminal fluid of other organisms, such as D. melanogaster [109], bed bugs [110], honey bees [15], and humans [111].
    http://www.plosone.org/article/info%...l.pone.0046812
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Default Re: Drone semen proteins

this is a study on medfly which sites similarities to honeybees from previous studies... not profound, or intreasting prehaps tech helpful to a entomology professor continuing research in a related field, but really why did you post this?

Default Re: Drone semen proteins

Because I love bees, work with researchers currently heavily involved in genetics to make bees healthy, and most of all I read so often on these forums "we just do not know" when it should really read "I do not know."
    Honey bees were one of the 8 species studied.
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com