Re: Bad reaction to bee sting!
I had a reaction to a hornet sting to my upper lip years ago that was life threatening. I was told the same thing. The next sting could be worse. in fact the next sting I had no reaction. In my case the reaction was due to the location of the sting. as I understand it the venom reached my sinuses. This then caused the venom to be passed through my entire body. It is possible this throughout my body invasion of the venom caused my immune system to over react. That reaction could have been fatal.
That this in fact can happen from venom reaching the sinuses. I have wondered if there are other glands and organs that can cause similar reactions such a lymph nodes etc. I also wonder if what are considered allergic reactions to bees is not often the result of a sting to a gland or specific location to the body.
At any rate I highly recommend you be tested for allergy to bee venom rather than waiting to see if you have another reaction to a sting.
Significant Minority vs Insignificant Majority, 20% of causes produce 80% of the effects.