Default Varrox..... Now treatment free.

I went to my sisters house to help her ready for her annual 4 of July get together. My birthday was just under two weeks ago, so as customary she gave me my birthday present late. A new Varrox. and 10 pounds of Oxalic acid.. I think that is a lifetime supply! My old Varrox works ok but the clamps that go on the battery are worn and sometimes I do a treatment only to fond out the Oxalic acid did not vaporize. All I had to do was wiggle the clamps and I was off to the races. Guess see got tired of listening to me gripe when I treated her hives! LOL.

Any way Since I got this for my birthday and it did not cost me a cent. Does that make me treatment free?

BTW She got it from member here SNL, And was very impresses with the service. she asked me to thank Larry! So Thanks Larry from my sister.
    Now I can treat faster maybe 2 hive at a time if I ever get around to putting new clamps on the old one.

Default Re: Varrox..... Now treatment free.

yay! I almost never get what I ask for.
    I thought about using my lawn tractor to power the vaporizer. My thought was that a constant voltage would make for a more predictable time interval. What do you use for power, and how well does it work, if I may ask?

I purchased mine from the same source and was very happy with the service and timely delivery.

That's a nice gift.
    The more I learn about bees, the less I know.

I ordered my first Varrox this year. Placed the order on 06/26 and received it on 06/29. I was very impressed by the quick turnaround.
    Pete. New 2013, 7 hives, zone 6a
    To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by gnor View Post
    I thought about using my lawn tractor to power the vaporizer. My thought was that a constant voltage would make for a more predictable time interval. What do you use for power, and how well does it work, if I may ask?
    I have been with Tenbears when he has treated some hives, He had a 4 wheeler that he transports equipment to the apiary. He has bolts that stick out of the fender wired to the battery of the 4 wheeler.

that's almost as free as it gets.
    journaling the growth of a treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

Quote Originally Posted by gnor View Post
    Gnor, I use my lawn tractor for mine. It takes a little longer than using a car battery but works perfectly.