I'm a first year beek and have a hive that I've been feeding since about mid-September. I had some swarming issues over the summer and was left with a pretty light hive with limited stores. Initially the bees were taking the sugar syrup, but for the last week they haven't really taken anything. Last weekend I started treating for mites using Api-Life Var. I'm not sure if this is related, but ever since I started the mite treatment the bees have shown little interest in the syrup. I've also been using honey-b-healthy as a feeding stimulant. There are plenty of bees running around all over the feeder jars (I'm using mason jars above the top cover) but they just aren't taking the syrup. Temps for the past two weeks have been down in the 40's with daily highs in the mid 50's to low 60's.

Any ideas on how I can get the bees to take some more syrup? The hive still seems light and I'd like them to take another gallon or so if possible. Should I stop mite treatments and see if they start feeding again? I've noticed a pretty significant mite drop so I'm guessing the mite population has taken a pretty significant hit. I'm just worries the bees won't have enough stores to get through the winter.