Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Localharvest.orgstore s

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Flewster 
#1 · (Edited)
Localharvest.org

Hello,

Does anyone use localharvest.org to sell their honey? If so, how are sales going?

For those that live in Ohio, does selling on Localharvest require an Ohio packaging/food processing permit? Right now I am selling honey from my front door which does no require any permits. However, if I sell retail, I have to get permits. Localharvest showcases products for sale. My understanding is that people can purchase Honey from a member's store. Once that order is placed, it is sent to the member (me in this case) and it packaged and shipped by the member, not LocalHarvest.

Another way to put it, do I need to get a permit to sell on localharvest even though the product is packaged and shipped directly by myself?

Thanks,

Nick

#6 ·
Re: Localharvest.org

I don't sell on localharvest.org but do have a profile there advertising our honey. It does not cost anything and have picked up a few customers from the site.
Our state does not allow online sells without processing the honey in a inspected kitchen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.