Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Default Re: treatment free beekeeping - the risks

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Isn't that an oxymoron?
    Absolutely! Moreover: being scientist and keeping bees is enormous oxymoron of my current life... thanks for compliment, it is quite difficult to make a nice oxymoron. "And faith unfaithful kept him falsely true. Tennyson " Idylls of the King "
    Last edited by cerezha; 10-23-2012 at 09:40 PM. Reason: addition
    Серёжа, Sergey

bumped to make it easier to find with search next time.
    journaling the growth of a treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

bumped again to make it easier to find with search next time.
    journaling the growth of a treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

a person can be chemical free I have for 18 years. but you will have to work your hives differently. making splits and breaking mite brood cycles.. and lost a lot of hives.. I did. lost 65 hives over the first 10 years. I now have a bee that has not been treated for years. I have this year started adding tea tree oil and spearment and lemon oil , wintergreen and such for different issues. but my mites died with my hives. I now have no mites. I do have hive beetles both the last two years. I am dealing with them naturally also. but thru the years I have kept feral, buckfast and ankle biters and carnolians together and cross bred the survivors. it can be done. but learn all you can and deal with the problems quickly. Specially at first if you want to keep them alive.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920