Thread: ABF in Hershey

Hybrid View

Default ABF in Hershey

Not sure where to post this since it doesn't seem to fit anywhere under the Associations & Meetings (not local or the others listed).

The American Beekeeping Federation (ABF) has the annual meeting in Hershey, PA this year. I would like feedback on the value of this multi-day meeting from those who have actually gone to it before, especially given the costs involved.

Questions:

1. Are their a lot of unique vendors at the tradeshow, or just the usual showing from the larger beekeeping supply companies (i.e. how about packaging / bottle / jar manufacturers)?

2. Are the sessions of REAL VALUE for sideliners or is most of it geared to the large commercial producers or just the hobbyists with 1 or 2 hives?

3. Its a 6 day show, but Thursday - Saturday appear to be the most valuable. What days do you attend.

4. Any other information would be appreciated.

-ekrouse

Default Re: ABF in Hershey

That event is just 40 mins from me and I would also like to know the value of attending.
    At this time, paying approx $200 to attend some seminars is a bit steep.
    I looked for the seminar schedule on their website and didn't really find anything.
    The topics/speakers page is blank.

The time I attended an ABF Mtng was in Orlando,FL. There was a room the size of a large gymnasium which was full of vendor displays. Everybody and anybody selling bee equipment was there. It was a bee equipment super store.

There are talks of all sorts, something for almost everyone. You can meet and talk to anyone you may have only read in the bee mags. I often find that the hallway conversations are my personal highlights at any bee meeting. It's the speakers who give us the excuse to get together and meet friends old and new.

If you are anywhere close you will regret not going, even if for only one day.
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

I agree with sqkcrk. I also went to one in Orlanda years ago. It is a great way to network with others in the industy and hear of the latest inovations. I plan to go to this one if I am in the state at the time.

Emailed them...the vendor list is at the bottom of the exhibitors info page. There's even an agenda...go to the schedule page and look right under the top paragraph for "General Session Agenda". It's a pdf that lists speakers, etc. The site's a little like where's waldo

Thanks Libhart.