Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Hives stolen from Taylorstown, PA area- Please be on the look out

6K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  LeonardS 
#1 ·
Property Transport Apiary Roof Bee
7 of our hives in our Taylorstown/Prosperity yard were taken between today and Friday. Possibly by someone in a black pickup. Any info you can give will be greatly appreciated! Some of our hive components are "cooked" in pine rosin and some are painted. Thanks a million for any help!

See less See more
#3 ·
As if mites, viruses and bears weren't enough to deal with now it's thieves. Thanks for the heads up and I'm at the other end of the state but if I hear of anything I will be sure to let you know. Hate a thief! I would put up cam's around your yards if you can. Any Future problems would be easier to deal with as you'd have pic's of them.

#6 · (Edited)
Doubtful they want the bees. They just want someone to buy them! Check ebay and especially craigslist. Also contact local bee clubs to keep an eye out for someone offering a great deal on some hives. Or could be the other way around. Most people have no idea what a hive is worth so they may be asking an exorbatent amount.

#10 ·
Depends if they are bee thevy keepers or thieves. Thieves will sell them if they dont get stung to death. Beekeepers will repaint them makes some mods and then sell them possibly in the spring if they survive. I thought this only happened in Almonds. My sites have locked gates and we know that thieves dont carry bolt cutters.

#13 ·
I didn't say that they were the stolen hives, but bright blue hives are a little odd.......at least in the U.S. maybe they are common in Australia.
No, you're right, you didn't SAY they were the stolen hives, but in a thread devoted to some hives that were stolen you posted a link to a sale of some hives that happen to be painted a similar colour and you "wonder". It seems to me that you've now cast an unreasonable suspicion on someone who is highly unlikely to have anything to do with the theft.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.