Hybrid View

Default what if u are transporting hives at night and a few tip over on the trailer-on to the

what if u are transporting hives at night and a few tip over on the trailer-on to the trailer.

1. my in-stinks tells me to make sure the load is secure and reorganize them at the destination!
    i was involved in a situation a few nights ago where a few hives came loose and tipped over. we did not stop till we are at our destination ,we organized the best we could by climbing on the hives, unloaded them with the skid steer . we found out that some of the hives are not on the pallet straight and the guy wanted to straighting them up that night.. i felt it was a wrong thing to do and i suggested that he continue in the sun light which he did!

what would you have done?

Default Re: what if u are transporting hives at night and a few tip over on the trailer-on to

The driver gets the ticket and stopped until the load is secure, including to prevent escape. It is really the driver's call.
    Very few officers want to stop a load of bees, unless they are beekeepers themselves.
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Default Re: what if u are transporting hives at night and a few tip over on the trailer-on to

AGREED. depending on night time temps I might have fixed them right away. That is never fun and you can count on countless stings. However huge advantage waiting till daylight to include letting them calm down.

I move bees all the time for a living. You always set it back together as soon as it happens if you can. I find if you pick it up fast it is not to bad but if you wait you will get stung up. And if there is not a flow where the bees are going they will start to rob any that have openings they can't guard.