OK, I've made up a bunch of nucs and I was getting ready to start doing something about the bars. I had been thinking about using thinner bars. Currently my bars are made from ripping a 2x8 to 1 1/4 inches and cutting the wedge into them. So the bars at the thickest point are 1.5 inches thick. The thickness at the end (the tang) is about 3/4 or an inch, which would be great if I had twenty pounds of honey on a bar, but I think that it is overkill in hindsite. I was thinking of either trying to get some wood that is thinner and making them basically the same way, but the overall thickness would be less, or just cut them down and accept that I'm making lots of scrap wood. Then I got to thinking about the insulating value of the top bars. If I use thinner bars am I going to run into a condensation issue since the top of the hive is going to be potentially cooler than the sides due to the thinner wood? I'm using 1x12's for the sides, so the sides of the hive a only 3/4 of an inch thick. Or am I just thinking too much about this?