Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

"Vehicle Registrant Only"

7K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Keith Jarrett 
#1 ·
I registered for a USDOT Number a number of years ago and now FMCSA wants me to Update my application. Have any of you also recieved this notification?

#8 ·
You pay an annual fee to your state for the United Carrier Registration program (on all vehicles 10,001 lbs. gvw or higher) based on the size of your fleet. 2 and under is $76. 3 to 5 $227

#13 ·
they send it to me annually. I need to fully review the application and how many vehicles I have under the UCR and then of course they want payment. I am not sure what kind of fine it totes, but its my understanding its one of the things they look for at the weigh stations for fining good folks. I am not 100% on that as I have never been hassled at a weigh station since I obtained a DOT number. I just pass thru and try to plan my trips around times I suspect they will be closed. Oh yeah. Did I mention back woods dirt roads help with that too.

#15 ·
Yeah, we know those good ole alternate routes pretty well. Gotta love the annual inspection "tax" where you take your vehicle to a shop where they spend 20 minutes checking your lights, tires and glass at $65 per vehicle. My favorite is the $100 online seminar that is required basically reiterating what I learned while growing up. Surely you also fill out those drivers daily inspection reports for each vehicle, the driver data sheets, and the 6 month log book history and remember to keep one of those driver suspicion checklists handy just in case.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.