Thread: beeyard storage

Hybrid View

Default beeyard storage

There is many times when I get to a yard, and relize I don't have what I need, weather it be an extra super I didnt think I needed or one time even forgot matches. Do any of yall use some sort of storage box, or shed, that gets placed, at your bee yard?
    Chris Cree
    Cree's Bees

Default Re: beeyard storage

I just have an empty hive that I keep a smoker, a few empty frames, bottles of water and smoker fuel. No need to draw any extra attention to itself. One of these days I am sure a swarm will find its way in.
    John

I have an old pickup truck tool box that I got at a yard sale for $10. It's one of those black plastic ones and is not visible from the road. This is at one of my apiaries at a farmer's field about two miles from home. I keep a smoker, fuel, two hive tools, a Bernzomatic torch. news paper, a few deep frames and a few med. frames (both with drawn comb), a pruning shear, a weed whip, I that's all I can remember.

I have a truck just for bees, and in that truck I have pretty much everything I would need, about one of everything, ha
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

We carry a large toolbox in the truck bed in which we have most of anything we end up needing.