Default Good Day, from the United Kingdom

Hi everybody.

I recently came across this wonderful web site a couple of days ago.

I thought about keeping bees a few years ago, but at the time my hands were pretty full, as my wife and I were caring for my father, who had cancer and Alzheimer's. Sadly he died late last year.

Now I have dcided to take up the hobby. I have enrolled in a beginners course, which will take place next spring.

I obviously ant to know as much as I can before that .. there's no point in waiting. With books, the internet and some wonderful forums, there is so much to learn. And there's even Youtube too. I don't know how many clips I have watched on how to put a load of bees into a new hive. I think they were all from America, with a cage of bees being tipped into the centre of the hive. In the UK, the bees are usually sold already on 3 frames, so you have to be careful to get frames that fit your hive.

Anyway, I just want to say hi.

One more thing, if I am allowed. I am looking to set up my own website (a UK based one) and wondered if anybody would let me use a few photographs, surprisingly showing groups of bees. I don't need large images, just about 700pixels wide at most, just to add some 'eye candy' to my website.

I am not in a position to pay for the images, but would be willing to mention the photographers name, if that was requested. If anybody can assist, please send me a message.

Many thanks !

Brian

Default Re: Good Day, from the United Kingdom

Hello Brian

Glad to have you join us on this web site. You will find lots of helpful people with lots of different options. You will will enjoy the adventure of raising bees.

Good luck
    DJ

Default Re: Good Day, from the United Kingdom

Welcome Brian!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com