Hybrid View

Default Api life var question

I put api life var in 10 frame double deeps three weeks ago.Ive been having a daily mite drop of a 100 mites a day for three weeks. Does that sound right ?Its been kind of cool here.And I guess the api life var is working,thought it would be more mite drop.Im been following the directions.Need some imput. Thanks.

Default Re: Api life var question

Your question reads like you applied once three weeks ago. Have you applied once a week for three weeks? If so, wait another week and re-test.
    Integrity - Doing the right thing when no one is watching.

I have apply treatment once a week for three weeks,my mite drop has been 100 mites a day.Does that sound right.So far this is the third treatment,and Ive did a the mite count every day.My daily mite count has been right around 100 or so mites.
    Last edited by keswickb; 10-04-2012 at 02:49 AM.

The mite count you are getting would be proportional to the level of infestation you had to start with. Big infestation, big mite drop. Small infestation small mite drop. If you did a mite count before you treated and got 12 mites per day, then you know the treatment is working. If, however, you got a count of 100 mites per day before you treated, that would indicate it wasn't working for some reason.
    Integrity - Doing the right thing when no one is watching.

Another lesson learned.Didnt do mite count before I treated.Took the word of beekeeper I got tem from.Hide sight is alway 20/20. Got the bees in June. Thanks Beev