Default honey still good after wax moths?

so a week a got i took a super off one of my hives it was ready to be harvested. but i got busy and didnt get to it for another week. it sat in my garage i had put it inside 2 large trash bags to keep things out but aparently it didnt work. when i opend it yesterday it was filled with moths and there larva. i took it and put the super in my large freezer for 48 hours to kill them. no that they are dead is the honey any good after they have been in it? can i just scape it off the frames and run it threw some really good filters? the super still weights a ton so i know its still got all the honey in it. i would hate to loose it.

any advice it appreciated

Default Re: honey still good after wax moths?

i would cut out and scrape off the worst of it and them decide based off how clean it looked. moths are bugs and so are bees but the bees take thier poo outside moths leave nasty behind but if you can get it off with a knife i would eat it. If you are questioning it give it back to the bees or crush, strain, and heat then use for baking or mead. Next time the bag only works after all the frames are frozen so the moth eggs and beetle eggs are taken care of... beetle would have bee worse.

good luck we all have done similar... pictures are always nice

Default Re: honey still good after wax moths?

thanks its still in the freezer when i take it out later today ill try and add pics. it looked pretty bad tho. i had forgotten about giing it back to the bees thats a good idea. thanks