Default Glenn Apiaries Retirement

This is to announce that Tom and Suki Glenn are retiring at the end of the 2012 season, and that Glenn Apiaries will no longer be selling breeder queens. We and the USDA bee lab in Baton Rouge are working with several others who are planning on gearing up to fill the need for VSH breeding stock next year. We have been distributing our stock to those who can put it to the best use, so no important genetics will be lost. We will continue to maintain a list of sources of disease resistant queens on our website to help the transition go smoothly.

Our decision to retire is based primarily on family circumstances that require our attention. Early this year Tom lost his father at age 87. Thankfully, his older brother was able to take care of our ailing mother while we attended the queen operation this spring and summer. But, unfortunately later this summer he also fell ill from a brain tumor and passed away after a rapid decline, at just 61. Tom was able to take care of him for the last month of his life, and is grateful for the time he could spend with his brother. But of course these events has left the family devastated, especially our mother whose emotional and physical needs we are making our priority.

Glenn Apiaries has been selling queens for 35 years, and we have enjoyed serving the beekeeping industry and working with so many wonderful beekeepers and scientists. Though we are hanging up our hive tools for now, we hope to again use our skills to work on worthwhile bee projects.

Thank you for all your support over the years, we wish you all well.

Tom and Suki Glenn

www.glenn-apiaries.com

Default Re: Glenn Apiaries Retirement

Thank you for your service to beekeepers all these years! A good product along with great service is not easy to come by these days.
    Regards, Barry

Tom and Suki,

I am sorry for your loss. I wish you all the best.

Joe
    Breeder Queens & Honey Bee Nutritional Supplements
    www.latshawapiaries.com

All the best, after my Maternal grandmother's passing in January, I know it's pretty much a fulltime job to take care of someone and the importance of spending time with them when they need it most.

Best queen I ever had was one acquired from you. Thanks for your work and all the best for your retirement.
    Terry

Thankyou, & my best to you're family.
    Dan

All the best to you folks Tom and so sorry to hear of your losses. Another satisfied customer here.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Sincere condolences. I really appreciate your website. I am not that far away. If you need any help, PM me. Best wishes, Casey.