Default What a day! Just got out of the bee yard and have questions

I just came from the bee yard and have a few questions. Heres what I found. I have 5 10 frame hives and one nuce in the bee/chicken fence. Four of the hives looked really good, busting over with bees, honey and pollen stores full in the super and queen is laying like a champ. I have 1 hive deep that I caught a swarm in a few months ago that is empty of all stores, thats right no honey not much pollen. Queen is laying wells lots of brood and eggs but outside comb is not so good just empty cells. I fed all my hive about 3 weeks ago at the same time but this is the only one I didn't put honey bee healthy in,wondered if mattered. Well I guess it did because they are the only ones that didn't touch the sugar water. I poured it out today because it was slimey and full of mold. Checked my nuc hive from a split that went queenless for a while and it is doing a little better but has lots of brood and a little stores.
    1. What should I do about this swarm hive that has no stores?
    - feed it and add the honey bee healthy
    - move it some where else
    - combine it with another strong hive
    - leave it til after golden rod is done
    - move it into a 5 frame nuc box
    2. What should I do about the nuc I used a hive top feeder that was horrible bees got in under the lid and drown, mostly yellow jackets.
    - should I try to feed
    - should I combine with strong hive
    - any other thoughts
    I have been making my own boxes and though about makeing a double box that is the size of a 10 frame hive body that has 2 etrances front and back with a divider for each queen. maybe they could share the heat. Doeboy

Default Re: What a day! Just got out of the bee yard and have questions

DoeBoy
    You may want to give them time see what they do with the golden rod
    I have 1 hive deep that I caught a swarm in a few months ago that is empty of all stores, thats right no honey not much pollen. Queen is laying wells lots of brood and eggs but outside comb is not so good just empty cells.
    I'd give these time also
    from a split that went queenless for a while and it is doing a little better but has lots of brood and a little stores.
    Seeing your from NC I don't know how hard your winters are
    Maybe after the Golden Rod you can take some stores from your other hives
    If you can get enough beef both up
    If not combine them and give them all you can including feed
    I see you lost bees to the (hive top feeder)
    I don't feed much at all but I found that a inverted Gatorade Bottle makes a good
    Safe Cheap Feeder you can also see through so your able to tell If and how much
    they are taking with out intruding