First Cut Out - didn't go so great
I did my first cu-out earlier this week, it was a small colony that had some africanized characteristics, but was very docile. The cut-out itself seemed to go great, the colony was above a door and required a ladder, but overall was a very smooth process. This was my first cut-out and I did not realize that I was sucking up as much honey as I was in my bee vac. Apparently too much honey is a bad thing, as when I moved the colony into a hive body it was difficult for the bees to get around. Well the colony was nearly a total loss, the only things that I gained were knowledge, experience, and a little honey for the colony I already had to steal away.