Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: I'm Back 300+ stings

Oldtimer, I think I know what you were talking about, though. I've got one hive, my strongest and the one that made honey for me this past year, that the bees tend to seem nervous on the comb. They will indeed "run" the comb a bit and if you mess with them too much they will begin to have an attitude. I think that is a colony that won't put up with a lot of foolishness. I'm trying to go all 8-frame mediums but when I purchased this colony it came in a 10-frame deep...I'm not really looking forward to finding the queen and isolating her above a queen excluder so I can go back later and remove that 10-frame box...I don't think they're going to like that.

Ed

Good News RR glad your o.k.

Thumbs Up Re: I'm Back 300+ stings

Intheswamp I think you might be on to something about when I put the last frame in. It was full of bees and maybe the last frame did squash bees in the bottom. I have racked my brain ever since this happened to me and that is the only thing I can think of. Gonna get back in them tomorrow with suit on. Doing goood swelling just about completely gone. Later

I'm glad to hear you're doing better! How long has it been now...2 weeks? And the swelling is just now about gone? Oooooh...

Take it slow and easy tomorrow.

Best wishes,
    Ed

I was thinking about you after your prior post, glad you are doing OK and you came back to let us know you are alright. Did the doc give you anything for itching?
    No Pictures? I cannot even imagine getting it more than about 10. I have been working them with my veil and nitrile exam gloves and before I went hunting it was getting dark and I wanted to put some Fumigilian on them. By the time it was cool and I had to put it on (shelf life). I put on heavy gear (gloves, gauntlets and jacket) after reading on the forum they do not like to be disturbed late in the evening. The first hive I popped open I had 5 bees hanging from their stingers in about 3 seconds. Never seen a reaction like that before, could not imagine how it even happened that fast.
    “Why do we fall, sir? So that we might learn to pick ourselves up” Alfred Pennyworth Batman Begins (2005)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12