Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Two way pallet for AJ100

7K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  broodhead 
#1 ·
Here is a pic of the two way pallet I am using for my operation. Anybody got any ideas? Trailer Vehicle Automotive exterior Wood Bumper

See less See more
#3 ·
The 100 does not have the brake, the 2006 and 2008 do have a brake. No real need for the brake where I am because my out yards are so flat. Choosing the right yard is important for me, makes work a little easier since I am a one man operation. I can actually carry 128 hives on my trailer alone and all the supers to work them on the truck and do all this from two way pallets all by myself.

#4 ·
Looks like a really nice setup. Do you have a provision for lifting taller hives if it should happen that you have a nice crop on and unexpectedly have to move your hives. What is the lift capacity?

#5 ·
Jim, that is a drawback to some degree. The lift capacity at full extension for this model is about 275lbs. So therefore my two way pallets are just fine and I can move them even with some degree of supers attached. I personally do not move hives with supers, I just plan differently and it works for me. Also I have the capacity to move single hives at the same weight capacity, so movimg single hives at 275 lbs is not a problem. There are models available that are much heavier and will allow a higher lifting weight capacity. Thanks for the interest and feedback. This setup would be great for a small pollinator who needs to move hives among rows of crops. just drive down the road and drop as you go. The two way pallet would also work fine for this. I stated earlier that this machine is probably not suited for the commercial guy dropping four ways and using a tractor trailer rig, but it sure is a neat setup for sideliners, and can save a lot of money along the way.

#6 ·
Is it common on pallets to have such deep rails (3/4"?) that the hives sit on or would a 3/8" rail decrease mouse problems or serve some other advantageous purpose?

#7 ·
I am not a commercial type, newbee from June, but in your prep work before moving I am assuming you block the exits (some method), but do not see eyelets on your pallet for a strap to hold the hives closed/in place during movement.
Just curious and thanks for sharing your set up, I have enjoyed following your threads.

#12 ·
Broodhead: Seriously that thing really fills a niche in the industry. Smaller operations should be looking at one of these setups before they even think about buying a forklift. Not everyone needs to be dragging around a 7,000 lb. machine and trailer. Of course you arent going to load a semi with one but so what, you can always rent or borrow for a few days a year if needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.