Thread: Maxant 3100 P

Hybrid View

Default Maxant 3100 P

Anyone have any experiences with this extractor (good or bad)? I have +-25 hives and at age 61 plan on just keeping that many...... From the website, it looks like 6 deep frames sitting inside side (2 side by side). I'm having a hard time picturing 9 in there or are there baskets?

Does this one come with the new, longer legs?

Thanks!
    http://OxaVap.com
    Your source for the Varrox Vaporizer, "One of the highest ranked" by R. Oliver

Default Re: Maxant 3100 P

Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

it fits 9 medium frames but not 9 deeps

I have this extractor and it holds 9 medium frames but 6 radial and 3 tangent I just use 6 frames
    really like it it is small enough to move around and seams made well I have had it 2 seasons
    but if you are going to extract from 25 hives run for honey you will be extracting between 50 - 75 (2 to 3 per hive) suppers which makes 500 - 750 frames at 6 frames a load and about 20-25 min a run long time will be needed get a 20 framer
    my 2 cents
    David

I used my maxant 3100 with a hand crank for the first time this year. We extracted 65 frames. The legs were strong and stable, had very little trouble with wobble. Time for extracting isn't an issue for me. I de-cap by hand so by the time I had 6 frames ready the wife was unloading the emptys from the extractor. She had wait on me a couple of times. So unless I get a lot faster with the hot knife, the 6 framer will carry me fine. I also like the tangental baskets to spin my cappings. I got some of the capping bags and spun 'til I dropped. It's an excellent extractor, but I will spring for the motor before next honey run.

I have had good luck with my Maxant 3100P. I did two extractions this year and it worked well both times. (of course, I learn more each time I try). After the first extraction, I mounted it to a wooden pallet to help with the out-of-balance wobble thing. That seemed to have helped some. I may try three casters next (as outlined on another thread). You can see my experiences on my blog. But I am a happy camper.
    Greg Whitehead, Ten Mile, TN
    Blog - http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/