Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Is it time for mouse guards? I have mine on, and it looks like major traffic jam?

Quote Originally Posted by WWW View Post
    My wife keeps her chickens near my hives which attract mice and rats however I have never had mice get into my hives.
    My coop is about 50 feet away from my hives. I kinda figured they were giving the mice their vittles so they may not bother with the honey. I'ma hoping, anyway!
    Zone 7b ~ Central Arkansas
    8fr medium equipment

Default Re: Is it time for mouse guards? I have mine on, and it looks like major traffic jam?

So, after reading everyone's threads, that I appreciate so much, I went out there this morning and took off the mouse guards. The lo's are going to be in the high 50's 58-60* at night, and 80's in the day for a couple of weeks. I looked in the bottom board opening, and there is a huge amount of bees, so I don't think a mouse would have a chance. I will put them back on as it gets colder. They all seemed to appreciate it, me getting those out of there They are still coming in with heavy filled pollen pockets, so I think I did them a favor. Thank you all so much for helping me keep my sanity!

Quote Originally Posted by Bees4Us View Post
    No thanks, they destroy vehicles.
    Cats also eat the birds that sometimes prey on the bees in flight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12