Thread: Moldy Wax

Default Moldy Wax

I was storring some old wax to melt someday, and opened the container to add somemore, and it was all moldy. Can I still melt it down and use it to prime plastic frames with? If yes how do I melt it? All that I have is a old pot and my stove. Do I mix it with water and melt it?
    https://www.facebook.com/stevesbees99
    Please visit my page, Thanks

Default Re: Moldy Wax

yes melt it down and render it
    1) place old pot on stove add a few inhes of water and place comb in only as much as will float
    2) bring water to almost a boil and wait for wax to completly melt add comb as it melts in pot
    3) take bucket (wipe interior of bucket with dawn) and old stainer and pour wax, water and slumgum through strainer
    4) mush down stuff in strainer till mostly dry and compost that
    5) allow bucket of wax and water to cool till hard push wax down into water to dislodge scrape bottom of wax into trashcan gently
    6) Repeat till happy with clairity of wax (smaller screens may be used if you want)

youtube fatbeeman wax melting, enjoy

If I'm melting outside, I use a single boiler. If inside, I use a double boiler for safety- less likely to overheat the wax or have a flare up from spilled wax. The used slumgum I save to use as a fire starter in my wood stove or when camping.
    Zone 4a-b