Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Very pleased with Maxant

6K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  beemandan 
#1 ·
My new Maxant 1400 with my nice Maxant shirt they sent me : )

Thanks Maxant !

Ben

Drum Repinique Percussion Musical instrument

See less See more
#8 ·
Ok Jim Stevens....is that a 5 gallon bucket? If so, where did you get legs long enough? The legs that came with mine are too short to fit any 5 gallon bucket beneath the gate....

#13 ·
We just made a change to the legs and added more length to get a bucket under there easily!
Available at a discount for existing owners?
I do like Jim's idea of cutting the top off of one bucket to add enough space for a filter...allowing you to completely fill the bucket below but if the legs already aren't long enough for a standard bucket......

#12 ·
Eastside,
I do like the wood base with the wheels. I bet it makes moving your extractor a breeze! I had to get the wife too help move ours across the shop.

The bucket;
Look close at the 5gal bucket, does it look a little tall?... it is. I cut the top portion off a 5gal bucket to use as a spacer above the Honey bucket. This prevents the SS strainer from setting in the Honey below.

The Legs;
I had my buddy’s prop up the extractor above a 5 gal bucket with the strainer in place. I determined what dimension worked best. I then got some stainless steel una-strut (also called Superstrut) 1 5/8th x 1 5/8th and cut it to length, then cut angles in each leg and TIG welded them. Maxant had the holes laid out and drilled. I used SS nuts and bolts to fasten
the legs onto the extractor. Walla!

Maxant makes a top grade extractor.

People can full with the rest BUT when you want the best go with Maxant.

Jake,
I don’t mind if you use my leg setup for inspiration.:lpf:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.