Default Uncapped frames,pulled-can they be replaced on hives to become capped?

I'VE DONE a dumb thing....I pulled several uncapped supers, thinking that they were ready to be harveted...subsequently in my reading i discovered, I ought not to have done this...and wonder if i put them back on the hives, willthe become capped...or have I just destroyed everything..."

Default Re: Uncapped frames,pulled-can they be replaced on hives to become capped?

yep,just put'em back on the bees will know what to do.
    "Wine is a constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy" Ben Franklin

Default Re: Uncapped frames,pulled-can they be replaced on hives to become capped?

Whether they get capped or not depends on your remaining fall flow. But it's still a good plan to put them back on. Brood nest reduction and backfilling the broodnest with nectar/honey for winter will be starting soon. Partially filled cells of n/h can be relocated to the broodnest to complete that backfilling. An asset in a weak fall flow or an early shut down of fall nectar sources.

The open-cell nectar is likely cured to honey moisture levels already. So it's marketable honey now. Wait until the broodnest is backfilled (like a couple weeks after first freeze) then you can extract the remainder.

Walt
    Opinion trumps facts to the contrary.