Default Hopguard/repeat customers?

I know a lot of you have tried hop guard. Has anyone been satisfied enough to try it a second time?

Default Re: Hopguard/repeat customers?

i just finished up my 3rd time treating with it. this most recent time i paid more attention to results and i feel what it does works with what i am trying to accomplish. i don't want to kill every mite, just knock back their population in the late spring and again in the early fall. this fall i did two treatments one week apart. we'll see if my plan is a good one this spring. justin

I will be using it for the second time soon.I was very pleased with my results last fall.
    edited to add...I did no spring treatments and my bees are still in good shape.

I started with a package in April and the bees filled 2 deeps. In late summer it looks like the mite count went up quite a bit.

Saturday I did a hop guard treatment and there were hundreds on mites on the removable board of my SBB by Tuesday. Just wanted to say that it was impressive, but did not like the fact that it can come in contact with the bees.

What if the queen gets coated with it?

It'll kill her, any bees that get slimed pretty good that I've seen die in a couple minutes. They'll come out and try to clean themselves off but it doesn't do them much good. I try to find my queen and pull that frame out, put the strips in and then put the queen back in between two frames that don't have strips on them.

We just make an X between the boxes. Seems to work. Not like the queen away strips I had.