Thread: Trapped robbers

Default Trapped robbers

Today, my strongest nuc was being robbed. This was a five frame nuc that was full of bees. Above the five frame deep, was the inner cover. Above the inner cover, was an empty hive body. This hive body covered an entrance feeder.

Upon discovering the robbing, I closed off the hive. This trapped the robbers inside. My question is, now what? If I leave the robbers in overnight, will they return to the parent hive in the morning? Or, if I moved the nuc to a new location, several miles away, would they be "forced" to join the nuc colony? There are a lot of robbers in this hive.

Shane

Default Re: Trapped robbers

If they were not killed, then they will accept the new home and in Rome do as The Romans do, But they will be water boarded to extract information on when the next attack is planned.

I kept some in overnight with a split I did earlier this year just to watch them go straight back to the mother hive when I opened them the next morning. I ended up moving them to another yard and now they're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jadell View Post
    I kept some in overnight with a split I did earlier this year just to watch them go straight back to the mother hive when I opened them the next morning. I ended up moving them to another yard and now they're fine.
    Thanks,

They are locked up for tonight. Tomorrow after work, I will move robbers and all to a small yard my uncle and I share.

Shane