Default New or Used Equipment

I am looking to buy some New or Used equipment, particularly woodenware. I prefer the standard 10 frame equipment. I am looking for all of the following in any quanities: Brood Boxes, Medium/Shallow Supers, Top Covers, Bottom Boards as well as 5 frame Deep Nuc Boxes. If frames are included, great. If not, great too. If you happen to have boxes with bees in them currently, please let me know as that would be a plus and I would travel to pick those up within reason.

I live in South Carolina but would be willing to travel to pick up if there was a large quantity. If you have any of the above items, please either PM me or respond.

Also seeking any 1x10 or 1x12 lumber that you may have for sale.

Default Re: New or Used Equipment

Be carefull buying used wooden ware. If it contains American Foul Brood, my understanding is that it is near burn time.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

I just spent the weekend finishing cleaning up old equipment but what a lot of work! The last month: first powerwash (full of black widows). Then froze the frames, then discarded all the comb, soaked in clorax and water a few days, then torched the remainder. Then painted the outsides. I can't imagine anything living in that. I got it from my local bee club list where someone advertised they moved out of the house and needed the stuff gone. Came with a swarm too. Ended up with 3 full hives, bottoms, 2 deeps each, telescoping lids.

Check your local Craigslist too if you have one. But remember it is always some risk and a lot of work involved!

I have 30 or so 7 5/8" honey supers with frames and clean new comb. They are deeper than a medium super, but shallower than deeps. They are 10 frame. They will work for honey supers or for brood boxes, but have only been used for honey supers. They are in good serviceable shape. Asking $15 each. I am in Wyoming.

That is true, I forgot about that aspect. I need to keep that im mind when I buy. If I bought them and torched the insides would they be ok to use?

I am replacing all my lids so I will have some older red wood migratory lids available. I also have a wax melter honey seperator available. PM me if you are interested.