Hybrid View

Default Mann Lake Vented Jacket - zipper & customer service

I just wanted to give a "GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE THUMBS UP"! to Mann Lake. I bought one of their vented jackets ($109.) a few months ago and the zipper broke at the bottom after just a few wearings. I was pretty bummed. I wrote them about it last night, took pictures all prepared for a disappointment and this morning they wrote and said a new one is in the mail; trash the old one.

One just doesn't get customer service like this anymore so Kudos to them! thank you!

Default Re: Mann Lake Vented Jacket - zipper & customer service

Have had similar dealings with Mann Lake. Quick to resolve, no questions asked. Great Company!!

Yep, as I have said in earlier posts,,, they great to deal with.

I have had similar responses from Brusy Mountain and Rossman Apiaries,, all GOOD companies

Are you satisfied with the performance of the jacket? Is it really cooler than regular suits and does it eliminate bee stings?

I've been looking at buying the vented bee suit but just haven't made the plunge yet. I've been using a cheapie suit and a drawstring veil, and I'm tired of bees getting in under the veil or finding a place on that suit that they can sting through!

Yes, I am happy with the performance. It is a double, light mesh material and I've worn nothing but a sports bra under it...no stings. When it is really hot I'll put a iced hankerchief around my neck to try and keep cool. I've had no problems with the velcro and I like that the hood stays forward and doesn't rotate around my head like a veil does! I highly recommend this jacket.
    I normally wear loose long shorts with the openings at the bottom tape up (blue tape), tall socks and shoes.....no stings there yet either. Also if I smoke the bees I smoke myself too. My stings have been from stupid things, like taking off the gloves to pick up a frame and putting my finger on a bee or when I harvested (crush and strain) I picked up a comb and there was a bee attached.

I purchased the Mann Lake Ventilated suit last Spring and have not had one bee sting. In hot weather I stand in front of a fan while putting it on and taking it off, so it helps me stay cool. If there is any breeze outside, it really feels good!! I will buy another one this Winter for friends when they want to observe.