57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like Mead?

27 47.37%
  • Do not like Mead?

10 17.54%
  • Have not tried Mead?

20 35.09%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Do you like Mead? Do you not like Mead? Have you tried Mead? POLL

I reckon a bad beer is still better than a good mead. Still like a mead tho

My first batch of Joes Ancient Orange was ready this week. Not too bad. It probably wont last the week. I do have a 2nd batch brewing that Im going to try and leave alone at least until Christmas.

Does mead have any advantages or disadvantages for diabetics compared to traditional drinks?
    USDA Zone 5B

Quote Originally Posted by heus View Post
    Does mead have any advantages or disadvantages for diabetics compared to traditional drinks?
    Not sure about diabetics, but it sure made me forget about the pain in my recently rebuilt shoulders . Best sleep I've had in a long time.

I make wine and have a son that makes beer. I have bought meads but they have always been too sweet for my taste. They were okay chilled on a hot afternoon, but generally they were nothing that I would buy much of. A few years ago my son (the beer making one) said that he wanted to try a mead so I gave him some honey. He gave me back a couple of bottles which I put on the wine rack in the basement and kind of forgot about. One day we got one out and chilled it. Was I surprised, it was very nice. Very much like a nice riesling. A had a sweetness, but it was something that I could easily drink. It was about two years old at that time. I keep thinking that I should try another, but I keep selling all of my honey.

Quote Originally Posted by heus View Post
    Jarrah honey is claimed to have a lower Glycemic Index than other honeys, so maybe consider talking to your doctor about a Jarrah honey mead ???? http://www.jarrahhoneyinfo.com/
    Jeanette
    HiveTasks Software for beekeepers

I love sweet things so a sweet mead would be awesome!! My buddy and I just racked our first mead, and I tried a little bit for fun, it was pretty hot!! Felt like I just took a shot of blueberry brandy on a cold day, could feel it from my throat to my gut!! Im not a wine taster, but i tasted like a champagne to me, kinda bubbly i guess.
    Coyote Creek Bees

I love big sweet port-strength meads.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12