Default drone cell in super

I finally got a weekend off last week. So I got to take my surplus off. One hive had double hive bodies with 3 supers. I took off 2 of the supers. I was going to take the 3rd super off but found that my queen had made her way up there. It had 4 or 5 racks that had drone cells in em. What shoud I do with that super? I left it on the hive til I found out what should be done. Thanks in advance. Tony,

Default Re: drone cell in super

I'm assuming you mean drone brood is in the super. I would leave it there until they hatch. The queen should stay out by now. They should start kicking drones out soon. Once they hatch, they should backfill those cells (in theory!) Then you can remove them later.

Default Re: drone cell in super

I would just pull the super and extract the honey and freeze the drone brood. If you have any varroa problem, a lot tof them are in those drone cells and freezing an d killing them will help the colony. Those drones have no value added for you at all this time of the year, Letting the emerge might result i a huge increase in your mite load. FReeze em.