Default Pierce-Mieras Manufacturing

I found a website for Pierce - Mieras manufacturing which I believe are the manufacturers of the Pierce Electric Uncapping Knife. There is no e-mail address as a contact.
    Can somebody please help?
    I believe that they are the only electric uncapping knifes not made in China

Default Re: Pierce-Mieras Manufacturing

I called them a few weeks ago about adjusting the temp on one of their knives. They were very friendly and helpful.

Johnny
    "Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." - Mark Twain

Johnny, what was their response on how to adjust the temperature?
    Bill...in Southeast Ohio

WWW I am not Johnny, but, about 5 years ago I called Pierce about the same situation, and Mr. Pierce himself, called me, and said there is a screw at the handle end of the knife. If I remember correctly, clockwise for higher heat, counterclockwise for less heat. The knife was my father's (who passed away in 1998) and I used it for a couple years and it quit working. I bought a Kelly knife that has the adjustable thermostat box. Very easy to keep heat at proper setting for the speed you are uncapping. Just turn the dial to a higher or lower number. I haven't had any problems with it. Don't know where it is actually made, but, it is a good knife.

My father had that Pierce knife for at least 25 years so it also was a good knife. I believe Kelly Bee still sells the Pierce Knife in their catalog. The thermostat is in the tip of the knife, but, it doesn't have an adjustable heat control box, like the Kelly Knife has.

cchoganjr

Quote Originally Posted by Broke-T View Post
    I called them a few weeks ago about adjusting the temp on one of their knives. They were very friendly and helpful.

Johnny
    I guess they are definitely the manufacturers? Do they sell direct? I can't find an e-mail. Ringing from Australia is not to easy due to the time difference.
    If anybody could help with an e-mail contact I woulld appreciate it.
    thanks
    max

Thanks Cleo, I was curious about whether my knife was adjustable, I was a bit worried about turning screws when I did not know what they were for. I would much rather decap at a lower setting than what it is set at now. Thank you very much for taking the time to respond, very much appreciated.
    Bill...in Southeast Ohio

Mine has a set screw on the bottom side and he said turn ccw to lower temp but only turn 1/16 turn at a time. Turn to far and will mess up control.

Johnny
    "Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by max2 View Post
    If anybody could help with an e-mail contact I woulld appreciate it.
    Here is their website:
    http://www.piercemieras.com/
    There is nothing that suggests they have email. But send them a fax at 714-447-3531.
    Graham
    --- Victor Hugo - "Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education.

Broke-T I think that is what Mr Pierce told me also. Only turn it 1/16 turn at a time and try it.

I should have put them in my post above. Sorry.

cchoganjr

Johnny and Cleo thank you both for the hot knife info, it would for sure be aggravating to mess up my control so I will be extra careful.
    Bill...in Southeast Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Broke-T View Post

Johnny
    Hi Johnny,

do you have an e-mail by any chance? Can't believe a business without e-mail still exists...
    many thanks
    max