Default Which option would be recommended

Another new beekeeper here with lots of questions. Started the year out with two hives. One of them suffered from lack of a queen, layings workers, severe robbing and finally failed. The other seems to be going gangbusters. Two deeps with lots of honey, one medium super fill to the brim, and another medium super that the bees are currently working on. The goldenrod flow, in my opinion, is very strong and still going on. I started a treatment program the middle of August including the insertion of Check-mite II. The strips will be coming out on the 24th of this month. Most, if not all, of the honey in the medium supers was stored while the strips have been in, so, not appropriate for human consumption. Should I:
    1. Just leave everything as is? Don't remove the supers assuring a good supply of honey for the winter?

2. Remove the mediums and extract? Save the honey for feeding later on in the winter or spring. Let the bees clean up the frames of residue honey? If so....how?

3. Remove the mediums and place in a freezer to be re-applied to the hive when needed or even use to make nucs?

4. I am open to suggestions. Any and all will be appreciated.

Default Re: Which option would be recommended

I would offer option #5

Harvest the capped medium and let them pack the deeps and remaining medium for Winter.
    I wouldn't remove honey with the intention of feeding it back.

Welcome to BS...
    BeeCurious
    5 hives and 8 nucs................... Trying to think inside the box...

My vote is for number 1. The honey will retain more heat for winter and the bees can eat (never know what winter will be like), but I suppose if history repeats itself, we will be having less and less really harsh winters. However, that is they joy of Mother Nature. Extracting the honey is really pointless if you don't plan on bottling it (which you definetly should not due to the strips). I think I would like to vote for number 1 again

If you don't mind bees in medium boxes, and are not going to harvest honey, I'd leave them on.
    If the brood nest makes it all of the way up to the mediums, then feed was needed. And you have a medium colony, if you like. Otherwise put a deep on it and wait, and you'll be back to a deep brood nest.

YOu can harvest honey in the spring, if you have any fit for consumption.

Welcome BM! Leave it for the bees.
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Quote Originally Posted by AmericasBeekeeper View Post
    Welcome BM! Leave it for the bees.
    Welcome, Leave it for the bees, Its not hard to let them work, back up into a deepa again..
    I'm not tense, Just terribly, terribly alert!