Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Default Re: Making "Comb Honey" Good or Bad..

Quote Originally Posted by BayHighlandBees View Post
    mac,
    neonic pesticides actually photodegrade so wax melting does purify some pesticide contamination.
    that may be true but not all the chemicals are neonic pesticides. you also have fungacides herbacides and traditional insecticides. I lost a bunch of bees this year to arial spraying of cotton and I know some of it got in the hives cause the convulsing bees were being dragged out of the hive.When ya mix all of them together do they still photodegrade ????
    I知 really not that serious

Quote Originally Posted by JRG13 View Post
    don't get me wrong, I'm not against organic, but the reality is at our current rate of growth, it's not feeding the world.
    education is a great thing http://www.rodaleinstitute.org/fst30years/yields

Quote Originally Posted by brooksbeefarm View Post
    Mac, i'll have to go along with JRG13 on this one, too many mouths to feed in this old world and chemicals (sad to say) is the fast's way to mass produce crops.
    Before wwII farming was done organicaly and it took a bunch of years for farmers to switch to chemical farming. And now it"s going to take the world farmers a bunch of years to switch back. Europe is a head of us on this.http://www.rodaleinstitute.org/fst30years/yields

Quote Originally Posted by brooksbeefarm View Post
    Myself and i'm sure everyone else would love to live in the garden of Eden (i'm thinking it was organic) but man just keeps making things worse by greed and over population. Anyone have an answer.
    http://www.rodaleinstitute.org/fst30years/yields

Quote Originally Posted by cerezha View Post
    I do not see how over population directly involved in creating more pollution?
    Well if ya grow an acre of rice for one person ya have an acres worth of rice growing pollution. If ya do it for 2 people you double the pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgi View Post
    Michael, how do you find a market for 6-8000 cuts @ $5? I hardly ever get people requesting cut comb honey, maybe its a local thing for you. John
    It's a cultural thing. In Va you couldn't produce enough comb honey but here in Indiana I have to explain to people what it is, what you do with, how to eat it....you mean you really put wax in your mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I did not know that "Organic corn yields were 31% higher than conventional in years of drought. " Very educational, highly recommended for those, who is interested to learn... Thank you for the link! Sergey

Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Well if ya grow an acre of rice for one person ya have an acres worth of rice growing pollution. If ya do it for 2 people you double the pollution.
    But this is a problem - it seems to me that they just feed TWO people on the same acre of rice! It was my point. May be I am wrong, but I do not think that there is a linear dependency between number of people growing and amount of food produced... we have obesity problem in US and kids in Africa are starving... I do not think that African countries added "additional" acre of crop to each newborn baby... Just my thoughts. Sergey

Quote Originally Posted by jmgi View Post
    Michael, how do you find a market for 6-8000 cuts @ $5? I hardly ever get people requesting cut comb honey, maybe its a local thing for you. John
    Other than a few local Vermont products stores that want to carry my comb honey, nearly all goes to beekeepers to supply their customers. Most winds up in the Boston and New York City markets.