Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Looking to buy treatment free honey

Do you produce more treatment free honey than you can sell? If so, we are looking to buy barrels. Please send a message if you are interested in selling?

Default Re: Looking to buy treatment free honey

just would like to fill you in that what you are doing is bad for beekeepers in general. I looked over your web site, i noticed a lot of things that are unsettling

from your web site:
    "Our honey is completely free from the dangerous chemical and antibiotic residues used by most beekeepers today"

all beekeepers i know sell honey without antibiotics or chemicals in it. your not the only one
    go to the whole foods co-op and buy every honey on the shelf and have them all tested for any antibiotics or chemicals and you will find that there will be none.

with that being said what makes you think you can lie to people and say what you are saying?
    let your honey sell itself with out lying and bad mouthing other beekeepers

your asking to buy barrels of honey that you didn't produce, remember.
    "treatment free honey"
    if it werent for treatments you wouldn't have your package bee's.

ya know there are things like formic acid and thymol that are used to treat bee's.
    those are not chemicals or antibiotics, but they are a treatment.

Benstung,
    Most beekeepers use chemicals and antibiotics to treat their hives.

You yourself say that every honey on the shelf is free of those pesticides.

So if someone say their honey is free of dangerous chemicals and antibiotics used by most beekeepers, what they are saying is true, isn't it?

Where is the lie here?
    I see no untrue statement.

I would bet that anyone who has barrels of "treatment free honey" is at best, stretching the truth. How do you plan to verify his or her statements?

Quote Originally Posted by Beregondo View Post
    Benstung,
    You yourself say that every honey on the shelf is free of those pesticides.
    I see no mention of the word "pesticide" in Benstung's Post.
    Mark Berninghausen To combat Ebola, please consider supporting http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org

Quote Originally Posted by BareHoney View Post
    Do you produce more treatment free honey than you can sell? If so, we are looking to buy barrels. Please send a message if you are interested in selling?
    How much are you paying and how many barrels are you prepared to buy?
    Mark Berninghausen To combat Ebola, please consider supporting http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    How much are you paying and how many barrels are you prepared to buy?
    Yeah, really! A barrel's worth of treatment free honey is going to cost. We don't mark our honey down in quantity--why when we can get our good wholesale price in 40lb containers?
    Adam Finkelstein
    www.vpqueenbees.com

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    I see no mention of the word "pesticide" in Benstung's Post.
    Neither do I.
    I suppose that the dangerous chemicals he was commenting on might be paint thinners or polychlorinated biphenyls, but what do you want to bet they were more likely acaricides?

I would bet they are more likely the any number of chemicals not put in beehives by beekeepers.

Notice the OP want Treatment Free Honey, not chemical free or pesticide free honey.

Pesticide residue is brought into the hive by bees. If the buyer wants chemical free honey they will have to go to thge ends of the Earth to find it. And, maybe, that won't be far enough.

Implied in BareHoney's query for treatment free honey is the assumption that any sort of treatment to a bee hive at any time of the year results in a less than pure product. This is a myth. Mite treatments such as Hopguard, thymol, Formic or oxalic acid placed on hives this time of year after all extracting comb has been removed will not show up in next years crop with even the most sensitive testing. Any antibiotic use such as tetracycline should only be applied as a powder in the late summer or very early spring. Tylosin if used at all is best used in the fall and also should not be added to syrup. I have only experimented with Fumidil a few times and have never had a positive reading in any honey I have ever had tested so I can't speak with much certainty about that but, as is the case with many of these other treatments it is best used in the fall.
    I am not about to say that all honey you see on the shelf is going to test completely clean of some residues. I suspect there is some misuse out there and some honey packers that may be less than diligent in their testing. What I am saying, though, is that responsible use of treatments will result in a product that tests every bit as clean as anything that comes from a treatment free hive.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

"What I am saying, though, is that responsible use of treatments will result in a product that tests every bit as clean as anything that comes from a treatment free hive."

I dont disagree with you, but now you've got me wondering what the advantages of treatment free beekeeping are.

beregondo why do you put pesticides on your hives?

55 gal/barrel x 4 quarts/gal x $15 per quart = $3300

I'm going to be rich!

Let's cut down on the chatter. Either you have what the gentleman wants or you don't. I am seriously considering moving this whole thread to one of the marketing forums where it belongs.
    Solomon Parker, Parker Farms, ParkerFarms.biz
    11 Years Treatment-Free, ~25 Colony Baseline

Well, I wondered why it wasn't in the Wanting to Buy Forum to begin with. But maybe Treatment Free folks wouldn't see it there.

Solomon,
    Folks sell honey by the pound, not the quart. Fiftyfive gallon drum contains around 660 lbs of honey times $3.00/lb equals $1980.00. $5.00/lb would come out to $3900.00. Even better.

But why stop there? $10.00/lb would come to $6600.00/barrel.

Where did you get you $15.00 per quart? Did BareHoney mention a price somewhere?

$15 dollars a quart is a lot. but take a look the person who started this thread is asking $28 per lb. and up

$28 per lb. seems about fair eh

If they can get it I am all for them doing so. I will gladly sell them honey at one quarter that price so they can make some profit. But I don't know if I have what they want.

benstung, I don't know where you got that price from. I went to their site and most of what I saw was around $8.00 to $10.00 per lb.

Nice looking site, nice looking product line. I would love to sell them honey.

$15 per quart is our going rate here in Northwest Arkansas. Finagle the measurements however you want, that's how I sell it.

You label it that way and get away w/ it? Ain't no finagling about it. Honey has traditionally been sold by the lb for ages and ages. But, whatever works for ya.

You really get $60.00 per gallon? That comes out to $5.00 per lb. The economy must be better than it is here. I wholesale half gallon/6 lb "Jug-o-Honey"(TM) for $18.00 each, which is $3.00/lb. Maybe I should move to Arkansas.

No label, treatment-free honey, tastes better, people happily pay for a quality product. If they won't, then I don't need them as customers.

Yes, the economy is better, but there's a reason there are no commercial beekeepers here.

they list sweet white clover honey: $7 for 4 oz.
    do the math