Default Pigeon Mountain Ventilated Jacket Review

I used the Pigeon Mountain Vent. Jacket for about 3 hours on Sunday. The a front was moving in and the bees were a little....cranky. Actually they were quite pissed. They were hives that I got from my dad, who passed away, and had not been worked for quite some time. The boxes were pretty beat so I was moving the frames from the old supers to new ones, along with new bottom boards and lids. Luckily and got help (thanks Steve Repasky from Burgh Bees) with the moves. Actually I was the one helping and Steve was doing most of the work. The jacket did its magic and I only got stung once, and that was in the forehead where it went through the material, but otherwise it worked as advertised! Was a pain to get but worth it. Just wanted to pass it on.

rich

Default Re: Pigeon Mountain Ventilated Jacket Review

I have a full-body Golden Bee suit. Have never once been stung through it. It was supposedly tested on Africanized. Couldn't be more pleased with it.

Next time I think I will wear a baseball cap inside the vail and that will take care of the bees going through the material.

Quote Originally Posted by RRomanko View Post
    The jacket did its magic and I only got stung once, and that was in the forehead rich
    She must of had a really long stinger!!!! If you are using a fencing hood, don't you wear a ball cap underneath it? If you have the veil/hat comb, I'm not sure what the requirement would be, but I can't imagine it would much. I'm trying to get them to see if their veil/hat combo will fit on my UltraBreeze. I would really like to try it out.

RRomanko snuck in ahead of my post....
    Last edited by bhfury; 09-10-2012 at 01:37 PM. Reason: RRomanko is a faster typer than me :)
    Plant Hardiness Zone 6B, 5300 ft., Bee Zone A/B, Proverbs 24:13
    https://www.facebook.com/mobileprotection#!/2RBeeFarm

I have the PM full suit ventilated and I really like it. I haven't been stung yet (knock on wood). I only wish the legs had zippers in them so I didn't have to take off my boots.
    Greg Whitehead, Ten Mile, TN
    Blog - http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/

I wear a baseball cap under mine to keep the screen away from my face. Works great so far.

Buy the Mann Lake ventilated jacket and you won't need to wear the BB cap!
    http://OxaVap.com Your source for the Varrox OA Vaporizer,
    "One of the highest ranked" by R. Oliver

http://www.beesource.com/forums/imag.../off-topic.gif Has anyone used the PM extractors? They are pictured but not described in their catalog. They look good but the prices are so low it makes me suspicious.
    Go to Heaven for the climate, go to Hell for the company. -Mark Twain

PM suits rock and their prices are very competitive. cg3 I will let you know about their extractors as mine will be delivered tomorrow and I will extract Friday as I'm tired of crush and strain.