Default TBH new comer from MA saying hello.

Hello everyone,

Just introducing myself. I've had bees for a little over a year now. Started out with a TBH and a colony of Italian bees I bought out of CT.
    Since then I've collected a swarm from the original hive so now I have two working hives both doing well. I'm still making this stuff up as I go
    along but I've come to believe ( in my vast 1 year and 3 months experience ) that the bees know what they're doing and if you just let them do
    it, it will all sort itself out in the end. Of course, it might just be that I've been lucky.

Well I can't promise that I'll have anything wise or valuable to add to this forum but I'm pretty certain that I won't bore you. I'm very pleased
    to be a member here and I look forward to many interesting problems and solutions.

Talk to you all soon

Ken Lepage
    Last edited by Ken Lepage; 09-19-2012 at 07:43 PM.
    If God didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of MEAT!

Default Re: TBH new comer from MA saying hello.

Hi Ken,
    Welcome! I am worcester county also and my first year as well.

You can learn alot from most on the forum, good luck.

Ken, Just a word from a 4 year nube. Don't get too complacent re. mites. Hives may make a great showing with limited or no mite treatment for year one - but winter of year 2 could be disappointing.

Good luck and enjoy!