Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Anythin else I can do to control SHB

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsi View Post
    <snip>

Your mentor can do what he likes. I don't have a beetle problem, but the beneficial nematodes weren't handling the ants, esp the carpenter ants, and they really like larva.

Gypsi
    ...my mentor's friend will do as he likes. I was just sharing what I've seen and been told by someone that I respect. You can do as you like, also.

Ed

Not intended to be rude, but all beekeeping is truly local. And in my little corner of Texas cockroaches don't live, few beetles make it. But the ant species variation and population is utterly incredible. When the rest of the state isn't in drought, even 10-20 miles away, my place is still high and dry, the ground like concrete. it is ant country, not beetle country Good for bees, not so good for forage.
    Stuck in Texas. Learning Permaculture in drought, guess I will teach permaculture in drought. The bees are still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by squarepeg View Post
    >Now you are in Alabama. Would you like to test some Texas fire ants?

no thanks.

7 hives huh, nice recovery gypsi.
    Thank you SquarePeg - I only bought 2 nucs and a queen. The rest were swarm and cutout, and reproductive swarms off 2. (My neighbor caught swarm number 3 and went and bought himself a suit and some woodware.)
    Stuck in Texas. Learning Permaculture in drought, guess I will teach permaculture in drought. The bees are still alive.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123