Default Uploading photos

Hi

I have looked all over the site, and am pretty good with computers, but I can't find how to upload pics. When I click on the tab for "manage attachments", it opens a empty box. Most sites I have been on use this method for uploading photos, I have looked through some other stuff here on the site, I thought was about uploading photos but it didn't work for me.
    I have some egg casing looking things in the tray of my Freeman beetle trap and someone asked to see photos and I have a couple but can't post them and I don't have an account on another website to link from either, any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Thomas

Default Re: Uploading photos

Use a phoyo uploading/hosting service, like photobucket, google picasa, etc. I don't believe beesource is a photo hosting service.

Also, this might help: posting photos.
    48 years - 50 hives - TF
    Joseph Clemens -- Website Under Constructioni

Thomas,

Make sure you keep the file size down. I think I have it set to 195 kB as the max.
    Regards, Barry

It is nothing to do with the size of the file since user did not see a file. I had the same problem - the solution is to set generic (or basic) "something" in preferences. I do not remember how it's called, but it is at the bottom of the page and set to "advanced" by default, so you need to unmark "advanced" and use "generic" or "basic". Than, it will show the content and file size actually does not matter - it would be adjusted automatically during upload. Good luck, Sergey

Sergey, an attachment will not be adjusted automatically. If you doubt me, try it.
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Sergey, an attachment will not be adjusted automatically. If you doubt me, try it.
    Well, it automatically reduces the picture size. All my pictures are 8 Mpix and it reduces them to 800x600 (or even smaller!). This way, it reduces the file size as well. I am reluctant to manipulate file size only to publish it at beesource... I guess, what you mean, Barry is that you set a limit for the file size, which essentially is higher than actual picture size. Does not make sense to me since your program reduces picture size anyway. But, it is up to you to set rules.

For instance, the picture below was 1273 Kb on my computer and it was reduced to 78.9Kb by your download program.

Sergey
    Attached Images Attached Images