Started harvesting yesterday.
We only have 3 hives, all warrés.
Two have enough honey to allow us to rob the top box.
We're using clearer type boards.
We removed the top box, placed it on the ground on a solid board. Then removed the topcloth, and placed it back on the hive stack.
Then we put the escape board on top of the harvested box. We're using screen cones. Didn't know how many to put on the board, so one has 3 and another 5. There's a 2 inch rim to give the bees some room.
Bees have been escaping all day. I'll keep checking and when they're virtually all gone, we'll crush and strain.
Here's the escape board in use.