Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Hello From Winchester, Wy.

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Memtb 
#1 ·
My wife and I purchased our first hive this spring and boy, do our bees have a lot to teach us. This is something that I've wanted to do for years but really didn't introduce my wife to the idea until a few years ago. However, with times being uncertain, this was just one more step in our preparedness. Our long term goal is to be as self-sufficient as possible and to ultimately have a total of four hives.
We live on the banks of the Big Horn River about 17 miles from town with our closest neighbor being about 1/2 mile away. BLM land lies behind us and state land lies in front of the house. The closest WalMart is about 80 miles away and it's 160 miles to the nearest "Big City". It's still too close but it's the best we could do!
We hunt, camp, fish and attempt to garden. Our first harvest will be within a few weeks. We'll let you know if our bees are capitalists or if we have "welfare" bees! - memtb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.