Default Are there ever Sales on Extractors?

I only have 3 hives but am interested in purchasing an extractor this year. I have been watching the Maxant, Mann Lake and Dadant websites for someone to have a sale on powered extractors.....but no luck. I started out thinking I would buy a small extractor, but am now looking at the 20 frame Maxant or 18 frame Mann Lake. It seems that free freight is about as good as it ever gets. Have any of you ever seen these units or other power units on sale?

Default Re: Are there ever Sales on Extractors?

They don't go on sale but at times companies will offer free shipping (on selected models). The larger Dadant and Maxant 20 frame extractors must be shipped freight (truck), so don't expect free shipping on those. If your looking for the best price make your purchase before the new 2013 catalogs come out and avoid new price increases as they generally go up in price every year, as manufacturing costs increase. I just purchased the Dadant 20 framer and freight to my shop in New Mexico was $137.00. The cost to ship the Maxant 20 framer from Mass. was much more. I also purchased the Dadant extractor because it offered more features that appealed to me for my use.
    "Tradition becomes our security, and when the mind is secure it is in decay".....Krishnamurti

I have heard and read where some dealers will bring an order with them to a state convention or other big gathering. So if there's one coming to an area near you, you could check on that option.
    Greg Whitehead, Ten Mile, TN
    Blog - http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/

I don't know about beekeeping suppliers. Btu it is common that suppliers conducting demonstrations or displays at fairs. conferences, other shows etc. do not want to have to cover the cost of taking down and returning the display items. They will sell them at very low cost rather than have to bother with them.

We have a lot of different shows here int his area every year. one of them is a homeowner show. they have everything form new homes to sun rooms to patio furniture in display. Every single item in the show is sold to someone at rock bottom prices before the show is over. Including a house that is build inside the convention center. Last year I heard a two story 5 bedroom three bath house with a living and family room and three car garage was sold for $25,000 cash. You could not buy the materials for three times that much. The company that sold it had it dismantled and moved to the buyers property.

To the suppliers the items are used and unsellable. To bad we don't get bee shows here.
    Stand for what you believe, even if you stand alone.

Buy one and then they will all go on sale.
    At least that's how my life works!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mbeck View Post
    Buy one and then they will all go on sale.
    At least that's how my life works!!
    You have the same luck I have! Thats exactly what will happen!

Send a PM to Jake @ Maxant. He's pretty good to deal with.