Hybrid View

Default Wax Melter Feedback

Hi Guys, seeking your feedback / advice for a commercial wax melter.

Currently & embarrassingly using a 'crock' pot type device that melts about 2 litres at a time, I get to make a small number of poured candles at a time, but we need to increase, plus the crock pot doesn't clean the wax as much as i'd like, can't use solar melters. Whilst the cappings wax we purchase is in pellet form, there is still dust, dirt/grit and other particles in the wax that we want to clean out.

I've done some research and came across three brands that seem rather respected: Dadant, Maxant and Carl Fritz out of Germany.

Welcome advice about the right path we should take, as we live in Australia there is no real suppliers here and prior to committing to an order and paying costly shipping, I want to make sure that we're going to purchase the right machine for the purpose we need.

Thanks

Bright Eyes

Default Re: Wax Melter Feedback

I don't own a commercial melter but I live a few miles from the Maxant factory and have visited there quite often. I own other Maxant equipment and I know folks who work there. A local beekeeper near me owns on of their melters and is quite happy with the quality. If I were buying a wax melter, I'd be buying a Maxant unit. I would guess that the others you mentioned are fine as well but that's my thoughts. I would add that the cleaner the cappings, the easier it is on any unit that you buy.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

I use a crock pot and am not embarrassed about it, it is my second rendering that the wax is cleaner and I make hand salve and lip balm with it. I think for me I will go to a commercial restaurant steamer if I need to melt more at one time they are inexpensive if you find them at auction.

Thanks Ravensye, might call Maxant and see what they recommend, there are two types that I'm looking at but not sure which one will do the job.

rtoney - I didn't really mean embarrassed just difficult to clean the enough of the wax to pour for all my molds.