The bees love whole dry milk with a high fat content. Why is lactose toxic to bees or what is toxic about the lactose sugar? I have created a new recipe that uses a fair amount of spray dried extra grade whole milk because I get it from the bakery for cheap and noticed nothing wrong with the hives spring time except a huge jump in population which led to swarming. Also there are no studies that I have found concerning all this.
It seems that "Its all about the money" and anything cheap is toxic but anything expensive is the good stuff with no studies backing this up. Apparently soy is also toxic and purchasing SUB is the only solution... Same with OA and varroa.
Re: Dry Milk